Features & Benefits
- The NGW-1 allows current NMEA 0183 equipment to be kept, or allows the latest NMEA 2000 equipment to be incorporated into the NMEA 0183 system. Once the single cable NMEA 2000 bus system has been installed, data from any node on the bus can be listened to by any other, including any NMEA 0183 instruments connected using an NGW-1.
- The new Actisense NMEA Reader software utility can now be downloaded from this page. This utility allows the NGW-1 user to view and understand (in detail) the translated NMEA 0183 sentences output by an NGW-1 device directly, or via an Actisense USG-1.
- The NMEA 2000 network acts like a bi-directional multiplexer, allowing all data sources to talk and listen to each other.
- NGW-1: Standard option - Opto-isolated input, and ISO-Drive output for direct NMEA 0183 device bi-directional connection.
- The very latest Actisense™ ISO-Drive technology has been used in the NGW-1 to separate the output from ground. Electrical spike protection is provided as standard on the NGW-1's input using full galvanic Opto-isolation to provide superior protection to the NMEA source device. Thus full isolation is maintained between the NMEA 0183 input and output and the NMEA 2000 CAN bus connections.
- Simple to use, the NGW-1 is provided with all required cabling, and also incorporates screw terminal connectors within the case to allow customer specific wiring to be used (if required). Fully pre-configured with AIS conversions.