Dell Networking N3000 is a series of energy-efficient and cost-effective 1GbE switches designed for modernizing and scaling network infrastructure. N3000 switches utilize a comprehensive enterprise-class Layer 2 and Layer 3 feature set, deliver consistent, simplified management and offer high-availability device and network design.
The N3000 switch series offers a power-efficient and resilient Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switching solution with integrated 10GbE uplinks for advanced Layer 3 distribution for offices and campus networks. The N3000 switch series has high-performance capabilities and wire-speed performance utilizing a non-blocking architecture to easily handle unexpected traffic loads. Use dual internal hot-swappable 80PLUS-certified power supplies for high availability and power efficiency. The switches offer simple management and scalability via an 84Gbps (full-duplex) highavailability stacking architecture that allows management of up to 12 switches from a single IP address.
Modernize campus network architectures with a power-efficient and resilient 1/10GbE switching solution with dense Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+). Select N3000 models offer 24 or 48 ports of PoE+ to deliver clean power to network devices such as wireless access points (APs), Voice-over-IP (VoIP) handsets, video conferencing systems and security cameras. For greater interoperability in multivendor networks, all N-Series switches offer the latest openstandard protocols and include technology to interface with Cisco protocol RPVST+ and devices using CDP.
Achieve high availability and full bandwidth utilization with Multichassis Link Aggregation (MLAG). All N-Series switches support MLAG to create active/active loop-free redundancy without spanning tree. Server rooms can deliver reliable server and storage connectivity with features to help save time and avoid configuration errors. The N3000 series is also fully tested and validated to work with Dell EqualLogic™ PS-Series storage arrays.
All N-Series switches include Dell Networking OS 6 designed for easier deployment, greater interoperability and a lower learning curve for network administrators. One common command line interface (CLI) and graphic user interface (GUI) using a well-known command language gets skilled network administrators productive quickly. This allows network administrators to maintain consistent configurations by running one OS release across all N-Series products. With USB auto-configuration, network administrators can rapidly deploy mirrored configurations to numerous devices by simply inserting a USB key.
N3000 series switches help create performance assurance with a data rate up to 260Gbps (full duplex) and a forwarding rate up to 193Mpps. Scale easily with built-in rear stacking ports. Switch stacks of up to 624 1GbE ports can be managed from a single screen using the highly-available stacking architecture for high-density aggregation with seamless redundant availability. N-Series switches help provide certainty with a lifetime warranty that covers software upgrades, hardware repair or replacement, and optics and cables
purchased with the switch.
- 24x RJ45 10/100/1000Mb auto-sensing ports, 2x SFP+ ports, 2x GbE combo media ports, 1x hot swap expansion module bay, 1x 200W PSU included
- Power cords
- C13 to NEMA 5-15, 3M
- C13 to C14, 2M
- C15 to NEMA 5-15, 2M (C15 for POE N-Series only)
- Modules (optional)
- 2-port 10 Gigabit BASE-T RJ-45 hot swappable uplink module
- 2-port 10 Gigabit SFP+ hot swappable uplink module
- Power supplies (optional)
- 200W AC hot swappable with V-Lock, adds redundancy to non-PoE switches (N3024, N3024F and N3048 only)
- 715W AC hot swappable, adds redundancy to N3024P (N3024P only)
- 1100W AC hot swappable, adds redundancy to N3048P or upgrade
- N3024P for additional PoE+ power (N3024P and N3048P only)
- Optics (optional)
- Transceiver, SFP, 100BASE-FX, 1310nm wavelength, up to 2km reach
- Transceiver, SFP, 1000BASE-T
- Transceiver, SFP, 1000BASE-SX, 850nm wavelength, up to 550m reach
- Transceiver, SFP, 1000BASE-LX, 1310nm wavelength, up to 10km reach
- Transceiver, SFP, 1000BASE-ZX, 1550nm wavelength, up to 80km reach
- Transceiver, SFP+, 10GbE, LRM, 1310nm wavelength, up to 220m reach
- Transceiver, SFP+, 10GbE, SR, 850nm wavelength, up to 300m reach
- Transceiver, SFP+, 10GbE, LR, 1310nm wavelength, up to 10km reach
- Transceiver, SFP+, 10GbE, ER, 1550nm wavelength, up to 40km reach
- Cables (optional)
- Stacking cable 0.25m, 1m and 3m
- Dell Networking cable, SFP+ to SFP+, 10GbE, copper twinax direct
- attach cable, 0.5m, 1m, 3m, 5m and 7m
- * Requires C15 plug
- 2 rear stacking ports (21Gbps) supporting up to 84Gbps (full-duplex)
- 2 integrated front 10GbE SFP+ dedicated ports
- Out-of-band management port (10/100/1000BASE-T)
- USB (Type A) port for configuration via USB flash drive
- Auto-negotiation for speed and flow control
- Auto-MDI/MDIX, port mirroring
- Flow-based port mirroring
- Broadcast storm control
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet per port settings
- Redundant variable speed fans
- Air flow: I/O to power supply
- RJ45 console/management port with RS232 signaling (RJ-45 to female DB-9 connector cable included)
- Dual firmware images on-board
- Switching engine model: Store and forward
- Size (1RU): 1.7126 in x 17.0866 in x 16.0236 in
- (43.5 mm x 434.0 mm x 407.0 mm) (H x W x D)
- Approximate weight: 13.2277lbs/6kg (N3024 and N3024F),
- 14.5505lbs/6.6kg (N3024P), 13.8891lbs/6.3kg (N3048),
- 15.2119lbs/6.9kg (N3048P)
- ReadyRails rack mounting system, no tools required
- Power supply: 200W (N3024, N3024F and N3048), 715W or 1,100W (N3024P), 1,100W (N3048P)
- Power supply efficiency: 80% or better in all operating modes
- Max. thermal output (BTU/hr): 151.4 (N3024), 204.6 (N3024F), 4,467.1 (N3024P), 220.97 (N3048), 3,113.33 (N3048P)
- Power consumption max (watts): 52.8 (N3024), 67.1 (N3024F), 1,287 (N3024P), 74.8 (N3048), 2,145 (N3048P)
- Operating temperature: 32° to 113°F (0° to 45°C)
- Operating relative humidity: 95%
- Storage temperature: –40° to 149°F (–40° to 65°C)
- Storage relative humidity: 85%
- MAC addresses: 16K (32K theoretical**)
- Static routes: 1,024 (IPv4)/1,024 (IPv6)
- Dynamic routes: 8,160 (IPv4)/4,096 (IPv6)
- Switch fabric capacity: 212Gbps (N3024, N3024F and (full duplex) N3024P) 260Gbps (N3048 and N3048P)
- Forwarding rate: 158Mpps (N3024, N3024F and N3024P)
- 193Mpps (N3048 and N3048P)
- Link aggregation: 128 LAG groups, 144 dynamic ports
Features & Benefits
- Up to 48 line-rate GbE ports of copper or fiber, two combo ports for fiber/copper flexibility, and two integrated 10GbE SFP+ ports.
- Up to 48 ports of PoE+ in 1RU without an external power supply.
- Up to 624 1GbE ports in a 12-unit stack for high-density, high-availability aggregation and distribution in wiring closets/MDFs.
- Non-stop forwarding and fast failover in stack configurations.
- Hot swappable expansion module supporting dual-port SFP+ or dual-port 10GBaseT.
- Available with dual 80PLUS-certified hot swappable power supplies.
- Variable speed fan operation helps decrease cooling and power costs.
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet and lower power PHYs reduce power to inactive ports and idle links, providing energy savings from the power cord to the port.
- Dell Fresh Air compliance for operation in environments up to 113°F (45°C) helps reduce cooling costs in temperature constrained deployments.
- Tool-less ReadyRails™ significantly reduces rack installation time.
- USB auto-configuration rapidly deploys the switch without setting up complex TFTP configurations or sending technical staff to remote offices.
- Plug-and-Play configuration with Dell EqualLogic iSCSI storage arrays* and one-command iSCSI setup alleviates multiple step configuration and potential configuration errors.
- Management via an intuitive and familiar CLI, embedded web server (GUI), SNMP-based management console application (including Dell OpenManage Network Manager), Telnet or serial connection.
- Private VLAN extensions and Private VLAN Edge support.
- AAA authorization, TACACS+ accounting and RADIUS support for comprehensive secure access support.
- Authentication tiering allows network administrators to tier port authentication methods such as 802.1x, MAC Authentication
- Bypass and Captive Portal in priority order so that a single port can provide flexible access and security.
- Achieve high availability and full bandwidth utilization with MLAG and support firmware upgrades without taking the network offline.
- Interfaces with RPVST+ protocol for greater flexibility and interchangeability in Cisco networks.
- Advanced Layer 3 IPv4 and IPv6 functionality.
- Flexible routing options with policy-based routing to route packets based on assigned criteria beyond destination address.
- Remote Switch Port Analyzer (RSPAN) monitors ports across a Layer 2 domain without costly dedicated network taps.