The most secure and manageable laptop is also the most powerful Latitude. You can count on the Latitude E6540 outstanding reliability for your workforce productivity.
Data is your most valuable asset. Protect it with the most secure business laptop on the market. Latitude E6540 guards your data with industry-leading endpoint security solutions
that include the most comprehensive encryption, strong authentication and leading-edge malware protection.
Protect data on any device, across external media and in the cloud with Dell Data Protection | Encryption. This comprehensive encryption solution suite enables centralized,
remote management of endpoint security. Flexible encryption options range from simplified BitLocker management to the highest level of FIPS 140-2 protection commercially available for system disks with the optional DDP | Hardware Crypto Accelerator. Easily deploy encryption right out of the box with factory installation and simplify compliance with one-touch preset compliance templates.
Ensure only authorized users have access to your data with advanced authentication options including FIPS 201-certified smart card and fingerprint readers and RSA SecurID. Dell
Data Protection | Security Tools enables multifactor, single sign-on and preboot authentication along with integrated management with your encryption policies. Only Dell Latitude
E6540 provides a FIPS 140-2-certified TPM1,2 for secure credential storage. Dell ControlVault adds another layer of hardware security by isolating user passwords and credentials
on a separately controlled hardware chip for stronger protection from potentially unsecured operating systems and physical hard drives.
Stop advanced malware in its tracks with Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace, a proactive approach to malware protection that automatically detects and blocks all malicious
behavior in real time — even zero-day attacks. The software is completely unobtrusive to users so employee workflow is uninterrupted.
Easily manage your Latitude fleet with exceptional integrated management capabilities that include Intel® vPro™ technology and exclusive automated tools that plug into Microsoft System Center and Dell KACE.
Remotely manage your Latitude laptops with next-generation Intel® vPro™ technology and update once and everywhere with Dell-unique Intel vPro extensions for remote BIOS
management and hard drive wipe, even when systems are powered off.
Save time and eliminate guesswork with Dell automated tools and utilities for deploying, monitoring and updating systems. Collect inventory data, enforce policies, and maintain system health for the lifetime of your Dell Latitude laptops. Integration into Microsoft System Center and Dell KACE appliances offer efficient, centralized and automated management to help you save time and money.
Create a standardized environment and simplify deployments with long lifecycles, Dell ProSupport,Dell Configuration and Deployment Services, and Dell Imaging Services.
Get more done each day with a high-performance laptop designed to work fast and reliably. From its beefy Intel® Core™ i7 quad-core processor option to its 128-bit graphics
processing option and fast boot with performance solid-state hybrid drive (SSHD) or solid-state drive (SSD) options, Latitude E6540 is designed to keep pace with your busy day. Dell also offers essential accessories recommended specifically for your Latitude E6540 to improve productivity whether in the office or on the go.
Swappable batteries enable long periods of productivity away from an outlet. Desk productivity is ensured with existing Latitude E-family docking solutions combined with Dell’s
UltraSharp monitors, wireless keyboard an mouse.
Connect and collaborate effectively with Dell docking solutions, Bluetooth® 4.0, integrated HD webcam and mobile broadband options.
Travel and work with confidence knowing your Latitude E6540 features a business-rugged design. Its MIL-STD-810Gtested Tri-metal™ chassis, anodized-aluminum exterior and
powder-coated base combine for exceptional strength and lasting good looks. Dell Fast Response Free-fall sensor and rubber hard drive isolation help protect data from shocks
and vibration. For added comfort and mobility choose Dell’s Professional carrying case.
This 15.6” Latitude is small, lightweight (starting at 5.26 lbs.) in its class and offers your choice of an anti-glare HD or Full-HD display. A backlit keyboard option enables productivity in lowlight environments.
- Processor Options 4th Generation Intel® CoreTM up to i7 processors
- Operating System Options Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium 32/64 bit
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional 32/64 bit
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 Ultimate 32/64 bit
- Linux Ubuntu 12.04
- Memory Options DDR3L SDRAM 1600MHz; 2 slots supporting up to 16GB
- Chipset and Intel Responsiveness Technologies
- Mobile Intel® QM87 Express Chipset
- Optional Intel® Rapid Start Technology6
- Optional Intel® Smart Response Technology1,12
- Optional Intel® Smart Connect Technology13
- Graphics8 Options Intel® Integrated HD Graphics 4600
- Optional 128-bit Discrete Graphics with 2GB memory
- Display Options
- 15.6” HD (1366x768) Anti-Glare LED
- 15.6” FHD (1920x1080) Anti-Glare LED
- Storage Options
- Standard 320GB Hard Disk Drive
- Up to 1TB Solid State Hybrid drive
- 500GB FIPS Self-Encrypting Drive1
- Solid State Drives up to 256GB Encrypted Solid State Drive
- Dell Fast Response Free Fall Sensor and HDD Isolation (standard on the motherboard)
- Optical Drive Options DVD-ROM, DVD+/-RW
- Multimedia Options High Quality Speakers, stereo global headset jack, integrated noise reducing array microphones
- Integrated HD video webcam and Dell Webcam Central software
- Battery Options
- 6-cell (60Wh) Lithium Ion battery with ExpressCharge™
- 9-cell (97Wh) Lithium Ion battery with ExpressCharge™
- 9-cell (87Wh) 3 Year Limited Hardware Warranty10 Lithium Ion battery
- Power Options 651, 901 or 130 Watt AC Adapter options
- 90W Auto/Air DC adapter (optional)
- Connectivity 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
- Wireless LAN and WiMAX Options:
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 + Bluetooth® 4.0
- Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300
- Dell Wireless 1506 (802.11g/n 1x1)
- Mobile Broadband11 & GPS Options:
- Dell Wireless™ 557011 HSPA+ (42Mbps) Mini Card
- Ports, Slots & Chassis Stereo global headset jack, Memory card reader, Docking connector, VGA, HDMI, USB3.0 (4)
- Network connector (RJ-45), SIM card connector, 1 full (WWAN) and two half (WLAN, DDPE1) card slots
- Optional1 SmartCard Reader/Contactless Smartcard Reader/Fingerprint Reader with 54mm Express Card
- Optional1 SmartCard Reader/Contactless Smartcard Reader/FIPS certified Fingerprint Reader with 54mm
- Express Card
- Kensington slot
- Input Device Options Dual pointing keyboard: standard or backlit, Multi-touch Touchpad
- Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 379.00 mm (14.92 inches)
- Height: 33.4mm (1.31 inches)
- Depth: 250.50 mm (9.86 inches)
- Starting weight: 5.64lbs / 2.56kg
- Recommended Accessories In the office: Dell UltraSharp monitors; MDS14 Dual monitor Stand
- Keyboard: Dell KM632 wireless keyboard & mouse combo; Dell KB813 Smartcard keyboard
- On the go: Dell Professional carrying case; Dell WM514 wireless mouse
- Regulatory and Environmental Compliance Regulatory Model: P29F, Regulatory Type: P29F001
- ENERGY STAR 5.2 (Windows OS)
- EPEAT Registered. For specific country participation and rating, please see www.epeat.net
- BFR/PVC free15
- Systems Management Intel® vPro™ Technology’s advanced management features (optional, requires Intel WiFi® Link WLAN)
- Warranty & Support Services Limited Hardware Warranty10; Standard 3-year On Site Service after Remote Diagnosis14. Optional 3 year
- Dell ProSupport offers premium support from expert technicians and 24x7 global availability14. 4 year and
- 5 year service and support options3.
- Configuration Services3 Factory Image load. BIOS Customization. Hardware Customization, Asset Tagging and Reporting.
Features & Benefits
- 15.6” choice of an anti-glare HD or Full-HD display
- Small, lightweight, business-rugged design
- MIL-STD-810Gtested Tri-metal™ chassis
- Anodized-aluminum exterior and powder-coated base combine for exceptional strength and lasting good looks
- Intel® Core™ i7 quad-core processor option
- 128-bit graphics processing option
- Fast boot with performance solid-state hybrid drive (SSHD) or solid-state drive (SSD) options
- Standard 320GB Hard Disk Drive
- Up to 1TB Solid State Hybrid drive
- Swappable batteries
- Bluetooth® 4.0
- Integrated HD webcam
- Mobile broadband options
- Backlit keyboard option
- Docking solutions
- Microsoft® Windows® 7